Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 15, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:10pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- M. Farrell was nominated to the office of President by Eibler. Supported by Evergreen. Carried.
- R. Hocking was nominated to the office of Vice President by Eibler. Supported by Katakowski. Carried.
- J. Colone was nominated to the office of Secretary by Hocking. Supported by Katakowski. Carried.
- M. Evergreen was nominated to the office of Treasurer by Farrell. Supported by Hocking. Carried.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from October 18, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to approve Financial Report for October 2016 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 560 in the amount of $57,756.10 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Statistics: average daily visitors was 213, new patrons was 77, item check-outs was 6,576, Axis360 was 292, Zinio circ was 68, computer use was 371.
- Marekting update: Instagram: 89 followers, Twitter 2561followers, Facebook: 528 followers. We were part of a joint library booth at Community Sharing for Healthy Caring conference was 11/12/2016 at Howell High School where we showcased services for children.
- Other News: Recap of Michigan Library Association annual conference, Toys for Tots Drive: Nov. 26 to Dec. 17. Drop off any new, unwrapped toy in the lobby.
- Upcoming Programs:
- 11/19 Book Sale & Senior Center Christmas Bazaar, 9am-2pm
- 11/21 U of M/Ohio State Rivalry, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/28 Creative Christmas Ornaments, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/29 Ornament Making (ages 5 and under) Free, 6:30pm
- 11/30 Ornament Making (ages 6+) Free, 6:30pm
- 12/6 Michigan’s Historic Railroads, Free. 6:00pm
- 12/7 Library Book Club: The Head Master, Free, 1:00pm
- 12/7 Visit from Santa Claus, Free, 6:30pm.
- 12/8 Lunch & Learn: Antiques Ornaments, Free, Noon
- 12/12 Christmas Coloring Party, Free, 6;30pm
- 12/15 Demystifying Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Free, 6:30pm.
- Board discussed the Community Needs Assessment Survey and reviewed information from the township on building permits and 10 year tax collection comparison.
- Board approved updates in Policy Review: Administration Policies, Section 1-7.
- Update on hanging lights: electrician has taken one fixture for fitting LED kit into.
- Hentz contacted several companies to fix the lump in the meeting room floor. Only Library Design Assoc. gave a complete quote at $4,778.00. Katakowski will check with another source for an additional quote, understanding that a written quote and references must be given before board consideration.
- A motion to accept AWE quote of $5,738.00 for two digital learning centers was made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- A motion to release Board Assigned funds of $21,555.00 was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Policy Review: Administration Policies, Section 8-15.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
A motion to adjourn was made by Hocking. Seconded Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:27 pm.
Next meeting will be December 20, 2016 @ 7:00pm.