Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 18, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the October 21, 2014 minutes with the correction in Librarian’s Report #3 should read “Number of new patrons in September was 73” was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for October 2014 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #536 in the amount of $44,058.42 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter indicates and average of 210 visitors a day.
- E-book circulation in October was 113 check-outs.
- Number of new patrons in October was 82.
- Halloween Party update indicated 102 children plus 98 adults participated.
- Book sales resulted in $732.35. Final figure incomplete as purchases are still being made.
- Letter from John Wilson, Livingston County Dept. of Public Health that water system meets all standards.
- Letter from Jim Neilson thanking library for being a voting precinct.
Hentz will investigate the benefits of joining the Community Foundation for SE Michigan.
- Election of Board Officers:
President: Byerly nominated Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Eibler accepted and was elected.
Vice-President: Byerly nominated Crouch. Seconded by Eibler. Crouch accepted and was elected.
Secretary: Byerly nominated Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Hocking accepted and was elected.
Treasurer: Crouch nominated Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Farrell accepted and was elected.
- Hentz distributed front page of winter newsletter which outlines progress on new and expanded services promised with the new millage.
- Mango Languages (online language learning program) is now available. People must have a Hamburg library card to use this service.
- Library will introduce Homebound Connection, a homebound delivery service, in January/February.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hentz secured Byerly’s contact information.
A motion to adjourn was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Next meeting will be December 16, 2014 at 7:00pm.