Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 19, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking,
Absent: Andrew Byerly
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the October 15, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for October 2013 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #524 as presented in the amount of $44,505.93 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Carol Bossio was hired to replace Grinnell’s hours. Work schedule is 25 hours/week.
- Marilyn Grinnell’s last day was Tuesday, October 12. All wished her well in her retirement.
- Updates: Halloween party had 194 participants, Sandhill Crane Winery bus tour had 29 participants, Ann Arbor Symphony had approximately 100 guests with numerous complimentary comments, book sale netted a profit of $927.75.
- Livingston Daily Press & Argus interviewed Weber on how to make an evergreen centerpiece; the article should appear in the 11/20/13 edition.
- People counter installed but requires adjustment. Weber and Hentz will be trained on the software next week.
- Discussion of the annual Library Trustees/Directors Meeting.
1) Hentz wrote a letter in support of the Township’s wish to reduce the speed limit from 55/mph to 45/mph on Merrill Road.
Relevant Board Issues
- Millagediscussion continues. An article will be May newsletter.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next meeting will be December 17, 2013 at 7:00pm.