Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 20, 2012
At 6:30pm, Township Deputy Clerk, Patricia Hughes, conducted the swearing in ceremony of the 2012-2016 Library Board of Trustees.
Hentz asked for nominations for Board positions.
Hocking nominated Eibler for president. Farrell seconded. Eibler accepted. Motion carried.
Eibler nominated Crouch for vice president. Hocking seconded. Motion carried.
Eibler nominated Hocking for Secretary. Farrell seconded. Hocking accepted. Motion carried.
Eibler nominated Farrell for Treasurer. Hocking seconded. Farrell accepted. Motion carried.
Meeting called to order at 6:50pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Sally Crouch
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the October 16, 2012 minutes was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for October 2012 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #512 in the amount of $43,154.00 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Phelps made the motion to reduce the Building Facility Development & Major Repairs account in the amount of $85,025.77 for the new furnace and air conditioning units being installed, which was approved by this board on Tuesday, October 2, 2012. The adjusted balance in the account will be $368,974.23, which is down from $454,000. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported the book sale profit was $773.50. These funds will be used to purchase eBooks. Remaining books will be sent to Better World Books.
- Library now has about 250 eBook titles. Axis360 now works with all eReaders and mobile devices.
- HVAC installation is ongoing. The boiler and one handler have been installed.
- E-rate for telecommunications began in July. Monthly phone service has been reduced from $151/month to $91/month (not including taxes). Annual savings of $720. Fee locked in for 2 years.
- Lt. Governor is scheduled to present his legislation regarding the Personal Property Tax elimination/replacement on 12/3/12. The library would lose approximately $8,973.70 in revenue if the tax is eliminated.
- The board needs to fill the vacant trustee position. Committee is to include Eibler, Farrell, and Hentz. The committee will contact interested parties for interviews and have a recommendation to put before the board at the December 18th meeting. Once approved, the new trustee will have until January 15th to be sworn in by the Twp. clerk or deputy clerk.
Relevant Board Issues
Call to the Public
- None present.
A motion to adjourn was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:28pm.
Next meeting will be December 18, 2012 at 7:00pm.