Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 15, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:03pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Michaelene Farrell, and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Sally Crouch and Richelle Hocking.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the October 18, 2011 minutes as written was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- None present.
- A motion to accept the Financial report for October 2011 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion Carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 500 in the amount of $49,814.78 was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed an update on the Halloween party. Next year, the library will have their party on Friday, 10/26/12; if the township has a party it will be held on a Saturday. Book sale netted $545 so far.
- Pinckney Glass, Inc. repaired the window pane in the Study Room A and re-caulked all windows in both study rooms for $950 and a 5 year warranty on the work.
- Chase Bank’s Positive Pay and the ACH Debit Block service has not begun yet because Twp. treasurer’s office has been too busy.
- Gleaners food drive continues in the lobby until November 19, 2011.
- The Board benefited from the presentation at the annual trustee dinner concerning the Troy Library’s millage problems. Weber has an instructional video on running a successful millage campaign.
- Board tabled a decision for the date for millage renewal.
- A motion to accept the proposed five year agreement for auditing services of Post, Smythe, Lutz & Zeil was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- Hentz is investigating the possible eRate discount of 40% for the telephone system.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:54pm.
Next meeting will be December 20, 2011 at 7:00pm.