Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 18, 2008
Johanna Hardesty, Township Clerk, swore in the six new trustees for terms ending 2012. The oath was sworn by Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz.
The new Board of Trustees officers are (terms end 2010):
A motion to nominate Peg Eibler as President was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. Eibler accepted the office of President. Motion carried.
A motion to nominate Sally Crouch as Vice President was made by Hocking. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Crouch accepted the office of Vice President. Motion carried.
A motion to nominate Richelle Hocking for Secretary was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried. Hocking accepted the office of Secretary. Motion carried.
A motion to nominate Stella Campbell as Treasurer was made by Eibler. Seconded by McIntryre. Motion carried. Campbell accepted the office of Treasurer. Motion carried.
1) A motion to approve the agenda was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the October 21, 2008 minutes with the correction of “trustees” was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) A motion to table the Financial Report for October, 2008 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #464 in the amount of $32,270.22 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported Santa will make his annual visit on Wednesday, December 10 at 7pm. Candy canes and Christmas cookies will be served.
2) Spring programs are being developed.
3) Newsletter is being edited and soon on its way to the printer.
4) Hentz and Weber met with the new Township Treasurer and Clerk to discuss library functions and relationship with each office. Hentz prepared Library information packets for each Township trustee in an effort to open lines of communication.
1) Library received a "Thank You" letter from the Gleaners Community Food Bank for participating in the food drive. Library donated 400 pounds of food.
1) Crouch reported that the Beautification Committee decorated the Morgan Serenity Garden in the theme of Winter Wonderland (silver ribbons and white lights). Next meeting will be in February.
2) Hamburg Library catalog is now in MeLCat database. Library books are now being sent to other libraries per patron request.
3) Museum Adventure Pass approved for another year. Three museums dropped out of the program, and six new museums signed up.
1) Hentz scheduled a trustee orientation meeting with the four new trustees for Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 6:00pm at the library.
2) Hentz distributed new trustee handouts: Copies of the approved budget, line by line budget detail, the 2006-2010 strategic plan (with notes of progress), the policy manual, and the Trustee Manual.
3) The trustees were given a policy update regarding the credit card policy. Members will review and prepare to vote in December.
4) Hentz alerted the Board Members to a patron whose ride/transportation was not present at the library’s closing. Hentz requested guidance from the trustees on how to handle this type of situation. It was suggested to add the phrase “Patrons requiring additional assistance…” then define the type of assistance. Hentz will have a draft policy for board to review in December.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.
Next meeting will be December 16, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski