Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 20, 2007
Meeting called to order at 7:16pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason and Keith Phelps
Absent: Barbaradell Kelley
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as amended (delete Financial Report) was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes with the correction of “contacted” from the October 16, 2007 meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept voucher # 452 as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported that the MLA conference was excellent and had many with relevant topics.
2) Front desk reconstruction has been completed.
3) Additional wireless access point in the meeting room has been completed.
4) Installation of additional cameras completed.
5) Winter programs sign-up begins December 1st. Winter newsletter has been mailed.
6) Music room upgrades completed.
1) Letter from David Ventura thanking Marilyn Grinnell for library hosting financial program.
2) Four letters regarding Township sign.
1) Tom Reinke from Self Reliant Energy Company of Fowlerville will attend the January 15, 2008 board meeting to discuss wind turbines and solar panels. Pinckney School and Hamburg Township will be invited.
2) A motion to approve the revised patron policy was made by Campbell. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
3) A motion to establish the Beautification Committee’s policy was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
4) A meeting between several members of the Township Board of Trustees and the Library Board of Trustees was held November 15, 2007. The consensus was to rescind the motion to publicly display a banner stating the library computers were unfiltered. It was suggested that both boards meet periodically to keep abreast of happenings.
5) The millage discussion was tabled until the December meeting.
1) A motion to accept the proposal for the library’s involvement in the 2008 Hamburg Fun Fest was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1) One present, no comments made.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:49pm.
Next meeting will be December 18, 2007 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski