Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 18, 2003
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Campbell, Ford, Kelley and Pettigrove.
Absent: Eibler, Gleason
Also present: Hentz and Weber
A motion to approve the agenda was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for October 21, 2003 was made Kelley. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
A motion to accept library voucher #404 as presented for $25,711.82 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the financial report for the period ending October 31, 2003 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
· Newspaper box for daily delivery of newspapers has been installed.
· Book sale profits of $168.00 donated to Township Clerk for Operation X-Mas postage.
· Food For thought food drive for the Livingston County Gleaners is about to start.
· Toys for Tots drive to run Nov. 22 – Dec.12. Borek-Jennings Funeral Home will make a donation to the library based on this drive. Said funds are used for music collection.
· Hentz and Weber attended a Disaster Plan workshop. They expect to have a disaster plan for the library by the January board meeting.
· Bree Stokanovich, Adult Services Librarian, has developed a new Business Reference section and a mail order catalog give-away (located by free book shelves).
· Livingston Women’s Club will set up a Holiday Giving Tree for the needy in the county. Deadline for donations is December 12th.
· Hamburg Township passed the resolution authorizing the library to purchase and prepare its monthly accounts payable checks. Weber explained the new check writing procedure to the board members.
· The Library Board passed a resolution (see attached) stating its intent to purchase and prepare the Library's monthly accounts payable checks.
· A motion to accept the addition in the Library Policy Manual of Section V-5.2 Accounts Payable Checks was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
· A motion to purchase the necessary items to print checks was made by Kelley. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
· A motion to pre-authorize the payroll transfer for the period of December 14 to December 27, 2003, with the pay date of December 31, 2003 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried. The Library Board of Trustees hereby approves and authorizes the Township Treasurer to transfer the necessary payroll expense funds to meet this obligation, without the normal signature sheet for the period of December 14 to December 27, 2003 with a pay date of December 31, 2003. The Treasurer will hold the payroll information until the Library’s Financial Controller picks up the information.
· Board members indicated their availability to sign for expenses following the December 9th meeting.
· A motion to hire Dragomir Cosanici to update the library policy manual for a fee of $900.00 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
· Weber led the board in a budget review discussion and projections for 2004 and following years. A motion to table the decision regarding the Director's salary until the December meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
· Campbell thanked the Board for adjusting the date of the December meeting.
Call to the Public:
· None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Next meeting will be December 9, 2003 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski