Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
May 17, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Richelle Hocking, Bridget Rosek, Crystal Walter.
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
1) Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by B.Rosek; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes from April 19, 2022 as presented made by R.Hocking; seconded by
B.Rosek; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
1) In-house Statistics: 3,432 patrons served; 68 new patrons; 5,202 in-house item check-outs, 111 computer uses.
2) Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 833; PressReader check-outs: 141; Ancestry uses: 0; Fold3 uses: 18; Heritage Quest uses: 86; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 5.
3) Other News: Summer Reading Program (SRP) kick-off party is set for Friday, June 3 at 7:00pm. We need volunteers. Library Gardens - last year's volunteers being contacted.
4) Upcoming Programs
1) Water Softener Replacement Update: Water softener has been replaced. A lot of sediment was stirred up resulting in various plumbing issues.
2) Library Millage Update
1) CIBC Bank CD rollover - Motion to approve rollover of $250,000 + interest earned at 1.5% made by B.Rosek; seconded by M.Evergreen; Motion carried.
1) Debbie Kooperman Reporting status per 5-6-22 Meeting
Relevant Board Issues
1) J.Colone spoke with a member of the Brighton Library BOT who indicated they are discussing a process to address handling of banned books; she will follow-up with them to request info sharing for future discussion.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by C.Walter; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m. Next Meeting: June 21, 2022 @ 7:00pm