Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 21, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Hocking 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: M. Colone, M. Farrell.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from April 16, 2019 as presented made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2019 made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowsi. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 590 in the amount of $107,669.66 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 166 average daily visits; 51 new patrons; 6,673 item check-outs; 642 Axis360 check-outs; 172 Zinio check-outs; 310 Hoopla check-outs; and 287 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 140; Twitter at 384; Facebook at 846; 2,419 website uses; 2,351 wifi uses.
- Other News: Livingston Reads 2019 had a total participation of 291 people. Community Events - Country Elementary’s ice cream social for kindergarteners 5/15/19, about 35 students + parents and siblings. Book sale profit: $774.14.
- Upcoming programs:
- 5/20 Cut the Cord, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/16 Thursday Matinee: Christopher Robin (PG), Free, 1:00pm
- 5/23 STEAM @ the Library, Free, 10:00am
- 6/5 Book Club: Mary Coin by Marisa Silver, Free, 1:00pm
- 6/7 Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Party: “Have Book, Will Travel,: 7pm
- 6/7 Kids’ Craft Fair, Free, 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- 6/10 Monday Movie: Incredibles 2 (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 6/12 Family Game Night, Free, 6:00pm
- 6/17 Monday Movie: Hotel Transylvania 3 (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- Computer Upgrades: Weber reported all of the parts have arrived. New server has been installed. Christine’s computer and dot matrix printer (for checks) has been installed. Waiting on the rest of the staff computers.
- Motion by Evergreen to roll over entire amount of $101,742.95 plus interest at Chemical Bank into a 120 day CD at a rate of 1.9% or better. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion by Eibler to remove Administrative Policy #11: Equipment Sign Out Policy. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Summer Reading Program theme is “Have Book, Will Travel.” The kickoff is Friday, June 7 at 7:00pm. Eibler and Katakowski will volunteer for the event. The library will close at 3:00pm to allow staff to ready the library for the party.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:24pm.
Next Meeting: June 18, 2019 @ 7:00pm