Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 15, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: R. Hocking.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as amended made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from April 17, 2018 as presented made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2018 made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 578 in the amount of $57,536.11 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 188 average daily visits; 41 new patrons; 6,329 item check-outs; 584 Axis360 check-outs; 83 Zinio check-outs; 275 Hoopla check-outs; and 331 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 116; Twitter at 350; Facebook at 689; 2,210 website uses; 2,509 wifi uses.
- Other news: Book Sale netted $804.50. Leftover items will now be collected and taken by Salvation Army. First Pop-Up Library was Wednesday, May 2 at Subway in Chilson Commons. Subway owner was very happy.
- Upcoming programs:
- 5/10, 5/17, 5/24 STEAM @ the Library, Free, 10:00am
- 5/17 Thursday Matinee: Dunkirk (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 5/21 Basics of Investing & College Savings Plans, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/22 Michigan Road Trips, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/31 PreSchool Movies: Winnie the Pooh (G), Free, 10:00am
- 6/6 Library Book Club: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom, Free, :00pm
- 6/8 Summer Reading Program (SRP) Kick-off Party, Free, 7:00pm
- 6/11 SRP: Movie Mondays: Cars 3 (G), Free, 6:00pm
- 6/18 SRP: Movie Mondays: Wonder (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 6/18 SRP: Dulcimers with Sharon, Free, 2:00pm
- 6/19 SRP: STEAM Craft: Wind chimes & Maracas, Free, 6:00pm
- Motion to approve the proposed 2018-2019 budget for $962,511.14 made by Farrell. Seconded by Eibler. Roll call vote: Colone, yes; Eibler, yes; Evergreen, yes; Farrell, yes; Hocking, absent; Katakowski, yes. Motion carried.
- Renovation project: $3500 for signed and sealed architectural drawing for the county. Project has become 2 parts. June: installation of quiet study rooms and moving of shelving units. August: installation of new desk and popular materials collection.
- Motion to roll all funds from CD maturing on 5/29/2018 at Chemical Bank ($100,000 + interest earned) into 6 month CD at 1.6% or best rate on day of maturity made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Received two quotes to replace the two existing handicap door mechanisms for the outer lobby doors and add a third one to the inner lobby door. Stanley Access Technologies for $6,050 and Great Lakes Security for $7,885. Motion to accept quote from Stanley Access Technologies for $6,050 as submitted made by Farrell. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. It is understood that electrical work will need to be done as well.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:43pm.
Next Meeting: June 19, 2018 @ 7:00pm