Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 17, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Richelle Hocking, Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Michaelene Farrell.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from April 19, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) Mary Evergreen.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2016 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #554 in the amount of $81,996.41 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: People county average: 206, new patrons: 83, item checkouts: 7,061, e-book checkouts: 256, zinio checkouts: 56, computer use: 401.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 78 followers, Twitter 212 followers, Facebook: 496 followers. WHMI “ViewPoint” interview on the Bridge To Literacy aired 4/24; Carolyn Clifford of WXYZ TV news covered it on 4/26; Hamburg News & Events online newsletter featured upcoming events on 5/2/16.
3) Other News: The Summer Reading Program runs June 10 to August 10. This year’s theme is Birthday Party, as the library turns 50 this year.
4) Upcoming Programs:
5/19 Thursday Matinee: Truth (R). Free, 1:00pm
5/19 Ann Arbor Beer, Free, 6:30pm
5/24 What Every Bicyclist Must Know, Free, 6:30pm
5/31 Organic Growing Free, 6:30pm
6/1 Book Club: Daughter of Fortune, Free, 1:00pm
6/9 Thursday Matinee: In the Heart of the Sea (PG 13), Free, 1:00pm
6/10 Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Party, Free, 7:00pm
6/13 Monday Movies: Inside Out (PG), Free, 6:00pm
6/20 Monday Movies: Good Dinosaur, Free, 6:30pm
1) Updates: Meeting room tables were installed by Library Design Associates on May 12; Book sale netted $774.50, over 150 buyers; Kids Craft Fair had 16 booths with 22 kids participating.
2) Updated Internet acceptable use policy was distributed to trustees for their policy manual.
3) Annual Millage Resolution offered by Crouch, supported by Hocking, directing the Township Supervisor to levy the full .8 mills, subject to Headlee rollback, for the purpose of supporting and maintaining the library. Resolution passed, 5 yeas, 0 nays, 1 absent (Farrell). Resolution will be forwarded to the Supervisor.
4) The proposed 2016/2017 budget was presented for discussion. A motion to accept the 2016/2017 Budget as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Summer Reading Program kick-off party set for Friday, June 10 @ 7:00pm. All but Evergreen will be able to help out.
2) Table trustee video until June meeting.
3) Crouch will not be at the June meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski.. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:33pm.
Next meeting will be June 21, 2016 @ 7:00pm, 2016 at 7:00pm.