Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 20, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:02:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the April 15, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for April 2014 as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #530 in the amount of $56,836.19 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported that the book sale netted $942, Kids Craft Sale had 14 booths and will be held again next year, and 60 guests attended the DIS’s Samurai program.
- Copies of the monthly people counter from December 2013 through April 2014 were distributed. The library is averaging 196 people per day.
- Reminders that the library will participate in both the Hamburg and Pinckney Memorial Day parades. SRP kick-off party will begin at 7pm on Friday, June 6; volunteers should be at the library by 6:30pm.
- Hentz reported the library is partnering with the Hamburg Historical Museum to digitize the archives.
- A motion to accept the proposed 2014/2015 Budget in the amount of $684,911.19 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion was made by Byerly, seconded by Hocking, to move $250,000.00 from PNC Bank savings account number ending in 5801 to a certificate of deposit for a period of up to 18 months with an interest rate of at least 0.35%, as stated by PNC Bank Whitmore Lake Branch Manager Judith Robinson. And further, instruct the Hamburg Township Treasurer to proceed with this motion. Motion carried.
- A motion to purchase an ARL 2700 Roll Laminator not to exceed $1409.00 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
Board continued their millage discussion: set millage information meetings. At least one Board member will be present. Dates are June 25 @ 1pm; July 10 @ 7pm: July 19 @ noon. Hentz demonstrated the millage information web page. Hentz emphasized the importance of each Board member talking to friends and neighbors about the millage. Each board member is to come up with 5 key points regarding the millage for discussion at the June meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:58pm.
Next meeting will be June 17, 2014 at 7:00pm.