Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 15, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Sally Crouch
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the April 17, 2012 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for April 2012 was made McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #506 in the amount of $53,854.67 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
- Weber reported six volunteers assisted on the Garden Clean-Up day on May 12.
- Community Garage Sale is Saturday, May 19 from 9 am – 3pm. Library will have a table with plants and library tote bags to sell. Including the library and senior center, there will be 29 vendors.
- Library staff and supporters will join the Pinckney Library staff and march in the Pinckney Memorial Day parade on May 28 at 1pm.
- The Detroit Suburban Libraries Round Table will meet at Howell on May 18 with local legislators as guests.
- Wichert family sent a thank you note appreciating the Mother’s Day flowerpot painting craft.
- Email received from D. Fortson.
- Summer Reading Program kick-off is 7pm on June 8th. Board members volunteered to assist.
- A motion to close the PNC payroll account, moving any remaining funds to the PNC General Savings, and open a CD for $150,000 for 13 months at 0.40% was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to move all revenue from book sales income line to the E-book Collection Development Fund at fiscal year-end was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.
Next meeting will be June 19, 2012 at 7:00pm.