Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 17, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the April 19, 2011 minutes as written was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) Four government students viewed the meeting; no comments made.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2011 as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 494 in the amount of $49,872.77 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Chamber of Commerce “Mingler” presented the library an award for extending the meeting space to the Chamber for their meetings.
2) Hentz reported six magazines have been adopted. Identification of the donor is noted on the cover of the publication.
1) The approved Emergency Action Plan was distributed to the Board members.
2) BTOP grant computers have been installed and are up and running. The library will offer the used computers for sale at $140 each.
3) The new floor plan is complete. New signage is in progress.
4) After the public hearing, a motion to approve the 2011-2012 budget in the amount of $634,524.60 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Eibler, Crouch, Farrell, and Hocking volunteered to work at the Summer Reading Program party on June 10.
2) L. Strandt applied for and received a $250 grant from Wal-Mart for the Summer Reading Program budget.
3) A motion to amend the Fiscal Year Budget of July1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 in the amount of $22,275.13 to recognize the Non-Cash Capital Outlay donation from the BTOP grant for new public computers, software and equipment was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:35pm.
Next meeting will be June 21, 2011 at 7:00pm.