Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the Quiet Study Room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1. A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2. A motion to approve the April 21, 2009 minutes was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
3. A motion to approve the minutes of the April 28, 2009 Special Meeting as amended was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4. A motion to approve the minutes of the April 28, 2009 closed session as amended was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
5. A motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2009 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
6. A motion to accept voucher #470 in the amount of $47,197.42 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1. Hentz attended the Senate Appropriations hearing regarding library funding. She was impressed by the testimonies various organizations presented on behalf of continued support for K-12 and library funding.
2. Patron Appeal no.2009-1 has made a FOIA request for copies of several documents. The bill is $33.15. Upon payment of bill, said items will be mailed to the individual.
1. Received an invitation from Salem-South Lyon Library to attend their ribbon cutting ceremony for their completed addition on May 31 2009 at 2pm.
1. The board discussed the 2009-2014 Technology Plan draft. Hentz will edit the draft and submit at the next meeting.
2. Armstrong Enterprises, Inc repaired the roof leaks and will proceed with repairing the venting system to prevent further leaks.
3. Nine month CD was rolled over. Interest rate of 2.13 will increase to 2.15 at maturity.
4. 3M machines installed. Staff pleased with the compact equipment.
1. Alanís Asphalt Maintenance will sealcoat parking lot on May 30. Company requested library close at 3 pm that day to allow time to complete their work. Parking lot will reopen June 1.
Relevant Board Issues:
1. Hentz solicited workers for the summer reading kick-off party on June 12 at 7pm. McIntyre, Eibler, Farrell, Hocking, and Crouch volunteered to help.
Call to the Public:
1. None Present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Next meeting will be June 16, 2009 at 7:00pm.