Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 15, 2007
Meeting called to order at 7:02pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as printed with correction of voucher 446 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as presented from the April 17, 2007 meeting was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report ending April 30, 2007 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #446 for $44,223.55 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
1) MeLCat application was completed and mailed last week.
2) The Michigan Humanities Council will launch The Great Michigan Read in July, 2007, featuring a classic Michigan story by a Michigan author. The Council will provide packet of materials to publicize and support this program. Library applied and was accepted as a partner in this initiative. Book selection to be announced in July.
3) Serenity Garden complete. The library’s lawyer reviewed and approved all documentation involved in the community project.
4) Parking lot sealing and stripping completed.
5) Hentz distributed reading material dealing with library co-op issues. Board members encouraged to read same.
1) Board received an invitation to attend the Brighton Library’s Director’s retirement tribute.
1) The short term, four months, CD rate is 5.15%
5) A motion to accept the landscape estimate from Leppek’s Nursery minus the mulching and edging of the Eagle Scout garden was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:07pm.
Next meeting will be June 19, 2007 at 7:00pm. with Special Guests.
Joan M. Dombrowski