Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
March 20, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda made by Colone. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from February 20, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to accept the minutes from the special meeting from March 6, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for February 2018 made by Hocking. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 576 in the amount of $62,792.60 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion failed.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #576 in the amount $62,786.60 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 190 average daily visits; 45 new patrons; 6,154 item check-outs; 520 Axis360 check-outs; 72 Zinio check-outs; 211 Hoopla check-outs; and 272 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram as 112; Twitter at 349; Facebook at 668; 2,329 website uses; 2,225 wifi uses.
- Other news: Country Elementary Reading Night, 3/9/18. Carol & Christie read to about 36 children, then interacted with about 125 people. Family Fun Day Literacy Celebration at Parker Middle School, 3/10/18. Laura & Kim represented the library with craft making with 300+ people. Navigator School Spring Fling, 3/10/18. Carol & Christie represented the library to about 255+ children, making crafts and playing the game. Laura sold 5 books on eBay for $198.00
- Upcoming programs (Chili Cook-Off netted $182.00. 15 chilis & 60 voters. Several upcoming programs are inspired by Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. This is the 2018 Livingston Reads choice)
- 3/21 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 3/22 AARP Tax Filing, Free, 9am to 3pm (full)
- 3/23 Murder Mystery Party, $5.00, 7:00pm (full)
- 3/24 to 3/31 Peeps Diorama Drop-Off (voting is 4/2 to 4/14), Free
- 3/27 Native Plants, Free, 6:30pm
- 4/4 Book Club: Murder on the Orient Express, Free, 1:00pm
- 4/5 AARP Tax Filing, Free, 9am to 3pm (full)
- 4/10 True Crime Michigan, Free, 6:30pm
- 4/11 Book Discussion: Murder on the Orient Express, Free, 6:30pm
- 4/12 Lunch & Learn: Book Publishing, Free, noon
- 4/16 Travel Your Tastebuds on the Orient Express, $10, 6:30pm (full)
- 4/18 Movie: Murder on the Orient Express (1974), Free, 1:00pm
- Internet service provider: Ashcott Electrical has installed the backboard and grounding as quoted.
- CDs maturing: The last CD matured on Feb.28 and earned $965.83. As directed by the board, this money was returned to the library’s general fund and the $100,000.00 was used to open a 90 day CD at Chemical Bank at 1.45%; interest to be made is estimated at $333.45. As there are enough funds to meet short term cash flow, it is suggested the library open a 90 day CD at Chase Bank for $300,000.00 for at least 1.38%. Motion to open a 90 day CD at Chase Bank for at least 1.38% made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Renovation project: After meeting with library staff to determine particulars regarding the project, LDA has ordered the desk and has shipped carpet samples for all to view. Township Zoning Department requires a Land Use Waiver. The Livingston County Building Department requires permits as well. We will need signed & sealed architectural drawings for County permits to be issued.
- Motion to pass the Bulletin Board Policy as presented at the February meeting was made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to remove HVAC units in study rooms A and B, extend ductwork into the rooms to provide heat and AC, remove thermostat, and complete any patching and painting not to exceed $3000.00 was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to purchase three (3) new computers with accompanying parts as presented from SEHI for use at the front service desk in an amount not to exceed 3,423.00 made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues: none to discuss.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:39pm. Next Meeting: April 17, 2018 @ 7:00pm