Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
March 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, and
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from February 21, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) A motion to approve Financial Report for February, 2017 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #564 in the amount of $53,846.24 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: people counter is 196, new patrons is 49, item check-outs is 6,055, Axis360 check-outs is 411, Zinio checkouts is 86, and computer use is 346/51 literacy center users.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 95 followers, Twitter 283 followers, Facebook: 538 followers, Pinckney School Band Spaghetti Dinner 2/25/17. Country Elementary March Family Reading Night 3/10/2017, and Navigator School Spring Fling 3/11/17. Updated library website has launched. Livingston Reads 2017 was featured in USA Today newspaper.
3) Other News: Livingston Reads is back this March and April. The county-wide selection for 2017 is Jaws by Peter Benchley. Stop by the library to pick up a copy to read and then join in on all the fun activities. The movie will be shown on the silver screen Saturday March 25 at the Howell Theater. Free to any Livingston County library card holder.
4) Upcoming Programs:
3/25 Movie Jaws @ Howell Theater, Free with library card. 7:00pm
4/3 Great Decisions, Free, 1pm
4/5 Library Book Club: Livingston Reads: Jaws by Peter Benchley, Free, 1:00pm
4/8 Home Brewing, Free, 1:00pm
4/10 Tai Chi, Free, 6:30pm
4/11 The Dodge Brothers, Free, 6:30pm
4/12 Livingston Reads: Jaws by Peter Benchley, Free, 6:30pm
4/13 Lunch & Learn: Summer Centerpiece, Free. Noon
4/13 Movie: Jaws Free: 6:00pm
1) Community Needs Assessment Survey discussion included option for printing the survey
and including one in each newsletter that is mailed to all township residents. Hentz &
Weber will present costs for an online survey.
2) No bids received for repair of meeting room folding wall. Appears no interest in this repair.
Hentz will send out RFP to more construction companies.
3) Equipment parts ordered for updated WiFi System. Will schedule work when parts arrive.
1) A motion to pay Leppek Nursery & Garden Center $3,675.00 for landscaping needs as
presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
2) Hentz and Weber presented the proposed 2017/2018 annual budget. Board discussion.
3) Board continued their Policy Review: Personnel Policies. Sections 18-36. Hentz recorded
same. Next month: Library Financial Operating Procedures, Sections 1-7.
Relevant Board Issues
1) United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Evergreen. Seconded Katakowski. Motion carried. The
meeting adjourned at 8:29 pm.
Next meeting will be April 18, 2017 @ 7:00pm.