Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 17, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski..
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
Call to order
Eibler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from February 17, 2015 meeting was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) A motion to approve the Financial Report for February 2015 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #540 in the amount of $51,783.86 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) The monthly people counter shows an average of 196 visits per day.
2) E-book circulation in February was 146.
3) Number of new patrons in February was 54.
4) Library marketing update:
Distributed coasters and napkins with Library Reads logo to Hamburg Pub and Zukey Lake Tavern.
Carol & Christie are reading at Head Start at Lakeland Elementary. Students given handouts regarding library programs.
5) E-Bay sales netted $122 for two books.
6) Holly & Bree made the first Homebound Connection delivery. Patron was very happy.
7) Staff completed Zinio training (online magazine service). Service will begin May 1, 2015.
1) Motion to approve $1615.30 to repair heating unit in Group Study Room B made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. Board directed Hentz to amend the current Director
spending policy to increase spending limit from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00. Hentz will present policy change at next meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Farrell suggested a new book bag design for fundraising. Board would like several designs to be presented at April meeting.
2) Board suggested advertising the library along the Lakeland Trail kiosks. Hentz will pursue this with the Park & Rec dept.
3) Next month’s meeting will feature the proposed 2015/2016 budget presentation.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:39pm.