Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 18, 2014
Meeting called to order at 6:00pm in the group study room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the February 18, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the minutes from the March 4, 2014 special meeting was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for February 2014 as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #528 in the amount of $44,183.81 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported that the library was selected as the WHMI Workplace of the Day on Monday, March 3rd. WHMI delivered flowers and food for the staff to enjoy.
- Hentz reported that Verso catalog software will be updated in the fall. She will request that this be done following the August election.
- Millage resolution: see attachment.
- Hentz distributed the newsletter special insert. Board members reviewed same before final approval.
- A motion to close the Library on June 14 for the Hamburg Fun Fest with no pay for the library employees was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Board members discussed various ways to make the library more visible in the community.
Relevant Board Issues
Board continued their millage discussion.
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 6:44pm.
The board then went to the Township board meeting at 7:00pm to be present in the audience during the discussion of the library millage.
Next meeting will be April 15, 2014 at 7:00pm.