Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 15, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Stella Campbell
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the February 15, 2011 minutes as corrected was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for February 2011 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 492 in the amount of $44,609.74 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported Lt. DeNoyer from the police department gave the staff a safety talk regarding various emergencies.
2) Hentz reported the library regionalization meeting concluded that they did not favor joining into a district library. Instead, there will be a joint website featuring all six county libraries, a county-wide message to local legislators regarding proposed funding cuts, and a joint display to take to area exhibits.
3) Recent donations received: Toys for Tots - $450; a patron donated 800 musical CDs, seed promotion - $10.00 (has now discontinued); and Adopt-a-Subscription initiative will be new fund raiser.
1) Library received a delinquent tax charge back for $6,298.64
2) Hentz reported BTOP grant computers and lap tops received. Waiting for arrival of printers and server parts. Revisit next month to set a date for computer installation.
1) Hentz reported the Scrap-A-Holics will move their items from the closet to the cabinets in the meeting room. K. Roberts walked the Board through the proposed changes to the floor plan.
2) A motion to allocate $2480 to relocate the library stacks was made by Eibler. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) Board received Emergency Action Plan developed by the Hamburg Police Department and will discuss next month.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Next meeting will be April 19, 2011 at 7:00pm.