Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 17, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Guests: Lauri Trapp and Randy Greene, First National Bank of Howell.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the February 17, 2009 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
3) Randy Greene from First National bank of Howell spoke of possible options regarding safeguarding of the libraryís bank accounts. Motion to approve the Security Agreement as presented for 1st National Bank made by Campbell, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
4) Because of difficulty with the Township Treasurer's office, the Financial Report for February 2009 was not available.
5) A motion to accept voucher #468 in the amount of $47,115.28 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported Net Nanny has been installed on the genealogy computers. She distributed the list of blocked/allowed web sites. A credit of $737 for the retired computer/equipment will be applied to new computer router and related parts.
2) Staff has been invited to the Lakeland and Farley Hill elementary schools for "March is Reading Month" events.
3) The spring newsletter will be mailed in mid- April.
4) Hentz discussed the library mail issue and said the Township apologized for their conduct.
1) Received an invitation from Dexter District Library for their new library open house on Saturday, March 28 at 11:00am.
2) J. Valeri sent a thank you note for the "It's All About Me" program.
3) Board members received their email from the auditor and attorney.
1) A motion to table until the April meeting discussion on the 2009-2014 Technology Plan draft was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) The full time/part time policy handout was distributed to be inserted in the Library Policy Handbook.
1) Weber reported on the Beautification Committee's plans: perennial plants will replace annual plants in order to save money and several gentlemen from the committee have volunteered to do the weeding, pruning, and other hands-on work. Committee now has 6 enthusiastic Master Gardeners.
2) A motion to accept the proposed 2009-2010 Budget as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Campbell will not be present for the April meeting.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:40pm.
Next meeting will be April 21, 2009 at 7:00pm.