Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 20, 2007
Meeting called to order at 7:03 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Guests: Jan Morgan, Carol Morgan Christopher, Karen Morgan, Donna Lee Hornyak and Gabe Harrison
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as printed was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) Hentz introduced Jan Morgan and daughters Carol and Karen and friend Donna Lee Hornyak to the Board. Jan spoke of the Community Botanical Gardens gift of a serenity garden to the library. Gabe Harrison from Leppek’s presented the plans of this project to the Board. A motion to accept the gift of the Dennis Morgan Memorial Serenity Garden, without cost to the Hamburg Township Library was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Hentz will obtain a full disclosure of the value of the gift for auditing purposes.
3) A motion to accept the minutes as presented from the February 20, 2007 meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending February 28, 2007 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept as presented voucher #443 for $2,035.85 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
1) Hentz and Weber attended the Town Meeting with State Librarian, Nancy Robertson and did not feel it was productive.
2) Hentz distributed an update of State budget/library funding and its effects on our library cooperatives.
3) Installation of additional memory for computer servers has been completed.
4) Roof flashing needed reattachment in another area. Hentz will look into having the entire flashing assessed in spring/summer.
5) Library storytellers, K. Harrier and G. Bowman conducted story hours at Farley Hill Elementary and Lakeland Elementary and were well-received. This helps the Library achieve the Enhanced Certification.
1) Librarian and Board Members invited to Legislative Breakfast at Howell Library on March 29 at 7:15 am.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Hentz distributed an announcement of a community forum to discuss the State funding crisis.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:31 pm.
Next meeting will be April 17, 2007 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski