Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 21, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as presented from the February 21, 2006 meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending February 28, 2006 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #432 for $39,992.13 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Memorial donations for Herbert L. Wallace totaled $835. Western books and mystery books will be purchased. All books will have bookplates attached.
2) A. Ruberg resigned position as page. Ian Holt has been hired as page.
3) Hentz provided an update on winter program attendance.
1) G. Bowman sent a thank you card to the Board.
2) Hentz took a head count for Friday’s Board/Staff development program.
2) Library internet policy needs to be revised to permit downloading of documents. Revised policy will be presented at next Board meeting.
3) Hentz walked Board through the proposed 2006-2007 budget. She welcomed any Board concerns and questions. After researching Class 4 library wages from across the State, Hentz proposed the staff wage increase. This reflects bringing the staff wages in line with similar libraries.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) The sewer issue is on the Township’s agenda for consideration. Cindy Pine, Township Supervisor, indicated that library may receive credit for future payments.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Next meeting will be April 18, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski