Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 19, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Farrell, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, R. Hocking.
Member absent: J. Katakowski.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from May 15, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for May 2018 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 579 in the amount of $98,279.73 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 129 average daily visits; 27 new patrons; 5,847 item check-outs; 538 Axis360 check-outs; 86 Zinio check-outs; 275 Hoopla check-outs; and 324 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 112; Twitter at 354; Facebook at 696; 1,854 website uses; 2,070 wifi uses. Caregiver Fair on 5/19/18. WHMI carried our SRP kick-off on the air on 6/1/18. Second Pop-Up Library was Thursday, June 14 at Captain Frosty.
- Other news: SRP update: 168 signups + at least 44 adults. State Aid has been increased from $0.36 to $0.39 per capita.
- Upcoming programs:
- 6/21 Movie: Cinderella (G), Free, 10:00am
- 6/21 Thursday Matinee: The Greatest Showman (PG), Free, 1:00pm
- 6/21 SRP: Dulcimer Lessons, ages 6-12, 6:30pm
- 6/25 Movie: Ferdinand (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 6/26 SRP: Musical Museum, all ages, 2:00pm
- 6/28 SRP STEAM craft: Guitar & microphone, ages 5 and under, 10:00am
- 7/2 Movie: Wimpy Kid: Long Haul (PG), free, 6:00pm
- 7/3 SRP: Tie Dyeing, ages 6+, 2:00pm
- 7/9 Movie: Emoji Movie (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 7/11 Library Book Club: Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan, Free, 1:00pm
- 7/12 SRP: Science Alive, all ages, 1:00pm & 3:00pm
- 7/16 Movie: Coco (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 7/17 SRP: Drummunity, all ages, 6:30pm
- Renovation project: Installation of quiet study rooms and moving of shelving units has begun. Library will be closed, Wednesday, June 20 for reorganization.
- Handicap door mechanism replacement & addition: Project is complete.
- New internet service: Fiber has been installed, router has been ordered. Waiting for TLN to do the final installation of hardware.
- Motion to roll all funds from CD maturing on 6/25/2018 at Chase Bank ($300,000 + interest earned) into 3 month CD at 1.62% or best rate on day of maturity made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed a proposed policy to govern the use of the new study rooms. Will be discussed further at next meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hentz will conduct a tour for board members when the meeting is over.
Motion to adjourn made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next Meeting: July 17, 2018 @ 7:00pm