Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 21, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:13pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Sally Crouch, Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from May 17, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) Mary Evergreen.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for May 2016 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #555 in the amount of $80,685.41 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: People count average: 172, new patrons: 54, item checkouts: 6,341, e-book checkouts: 259, zinio checkouts: 39, computer use: 364.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 81 followers, Twitter 216 followers, Facebook: 501 followers. Hamburg Fun Fest’s kids activity tent, 6/16. Salvation Army’s summer lunch bunch 6/20.
3) Other News: The library now offers online tutorials for digital services; these can be found on the library’s website at hamburglibrary.org. Summer billboard has been installed at M36 & Merrill. New employee did not work out so current staff has been shuffled to cover the hours; will revisit staffing in the fall. Community birthday party is set for Aug. 8 at 2:00pm.
4) Upcoming Programs:
6/22 Pre-School Flower Pot craft, ages 5 and under, 10:00am
6/23 Flying Aces Frisbee Team, all ages, 2:00pm
6/27 Monday Movies: Goosebumps (PG), 6:00pm
6/28 Pre-School Flag Making, ages 5 and under, 6:30pm
6/29 Tie Dyeing, ages 4 and up, 2:00pm & 6:00pm
7/6 Library Book Club: Blood, Bones & Butter by Hamilton. 1:00pm
7/7 Teen Craft Day, ages 11 and up, 2:00pm
7/11 Monday Movies: Hotel Transylvania (PG), 6:00pm
7/12 Old Time Rock & Roll concert, all ages, 6:30pm
7/18 Monday Movies: Peanuts (G), 6:00pm
7/19 Pre-School Lil’ Birthday Party, ages 5 and under, 6:30pm
7/21 Thursday Matinee: Brooklyn (PG13), 1:00pm
1) Updates: Parking lot has been resealed, cracks filled, and restriped by Alan’s Asphalt Maintenance. Summer Reading Program has 165 registrants so far. We added several more pre-school aged programs which are well received. Hamburg Family Fun Fest made good on their promises of providing a security guard, signs for ‘library business only,’ and watching the use of the parking lot during library hours. They also kept the grounds very clean. No patrons complained about the library closing early.
1) Township ADA audit: with recent changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Township has hired a consultant to audit all Township facilities for ADA compliance. This will take place mid-July. We will receive a list of items that need updating or fixing.
2) Motion by Farrell to approve proposal # 22-060916-1 in the amount of $20,332.00 from TelSystems for a ceiling mounted projector, related components, hardware, and labor as outlined in the proposal. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Table trustee video until new projector system is installed.
A motion to adjourn was made by Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Next meeting will be July 19, 2016 @ 7:00pm.