Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 23, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz
Absent: Christine Weber
Call to order
Eibler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm.
Call to the Public
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next meeting will be July 21, 2015 at 7:00pm.
HAMBURG TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
RESOLUTION TO APPROVE FOIA PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES,
A WRITTEN PUBLIC SUMMARY AND DETAILED ITEMIZATION
At a regular meeting of the Library Board of the Hamburg Township Library (“Library”), Livingston County, Michigan, held at the Library on the 23rd day of June, 2015 at 7:00p.m.
PRESENT: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking,
The following Resolution was offered by P. Eibler and seconded by A. Byerly:
WHEREAS, the Library is a public body as defined by the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, 1976 PA 442, as amended ("FOIA");
WHEREAS, in the performance of its function as trustees for the Library, it is necessary and appropriate for the Library Board to establish and adopt policies for the operation of the Library;
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 4(4) of the FOIA, the Library shall establish procedures and guidelines to implement the FOIA and shall create a written public summary regarding how to submit written requests to the Library and explaining how to understand the Library's written responses, deposit requirements, fee calculations, and avenues for challenge and appeal;
WHEREAS, Section 4(4) of the FOIA also requires that the Library's Procedures and Guidelines include the use of a standard form for detailed itemization of any fee amount in its responses to written request;
WHEREAS, in the interests of the health, safety and welfare of the Library, the Library Board desires to approve procedures and guidelines, a written public summary and a detailed itemization so that it is in compliance with the FOIA and may charge the fees permitted under the FOIA.
NOW THEREFORE, the Library Board of the Hamburg Township Library, Livingston County, resolves as follows:
1. The Library hereby adopts and approves the Library Procedures and Guidelines (attached as Exhibit A to this Resolution) in compliance with the FOIA.
2. The Library also adopts and approves the Written Public Summary (attached as Exhibit B to this Resolution).
3. The Library also approves the Detailed Itemization Sheet attached as Exhibit C to this Resolution. The Library also authorizes the FOIA Coordinator to modify the Detailed Itemization if such modifications are in the best interest of the Library and do not conflict with the FOIA.
4. The Library shall make the Procedures and Guidelines publicly available by providing free copies of the Procedures and Guidelines and its Written Public Summary both in the Library's response to a written request (or may include the website link to the documents in lieu of providing paper copies in its response to a written request) and upon request by visitors at the Library.
5. The Library shall post and maintain the Procedures and Guidelines and Written Public Summary on its website.
6. All resolutions, motions, policies, including any Freedom of Information Act policies, or any parts thereof that are in conflict with this resolution are hereby repealed to the extent of such conflict.
YEAS: - 6 -
NAYS: - 0 -
RESOLUTION DECLARED ADOPTED.
STATE OF MICHIGAN )
COUNTY OF LIVINGSTON )
I, the undersigned, the duly qualified and acting Secretary of the Hamburg Township Library, DO HEREBY CERTIFY that the foregoing is a true and complete copy of certain proceedings taken by the Library Board of said Library at a meeting held on the 23rd day of June 2015, and that said meeting was conducted and public notice of said meeting was given pursuant to and in full compliance with the Open Meetings Act, being Act 267, Public Acts of Michigan, 1976, as amended, and that the minutes of said meeting were kept and will be or have been made available as required under the Open Meetings Act.
Richelle Hocking, Library Board Secretary