Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 17, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, and Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Jim Katakowski
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the May 20, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for May 2014 noting the correction to Line 23 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #531 in the amount of $47,392.09 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported on the following updates:
- Approximately 15 participants walked in the Memorial Day parades both in Hamburg and Pinckney.
- There were 243 participants in the Summer Reading Program kick-off party; with 211 readers signed up for the SRP.
- The laminator arrived $61 under budget.
- The people counter indicates an average of 194 patrons per day in May while there were 196 daily patrons the first 2 weeks in June.
- Purchase of CD from PNC Bank has been completed.
Relevant Board Issues
- Millage Discussion (updates and progress)
- Updates: information meetings have been posted. Website changes made.
- Presentations: EBB Lake HOA, Rush Lake HOA, Kiwanis, Summer Park HOA
- Website/Email connections: Chamber of Commerce, River Run HOA
- Other Advocates: Bennett’s Beavers, Strawberry Hill Estates
- Millage Information Meetings set at library meeting room for June and July; board discussed the content of the meetings.
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:08pm.
Next meeting will be July 15, 2014 at 7:00pm.