Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 19, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Stella Campbell, Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the May 15, 2012 minutes was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
- A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for May 2012 was made Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Library Voucher #507 in the amount of $46,057.92 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- Updates: Garage sale netted $744.41 profit; Memorial Day parade had 17 Hamburg participants, approx. 20 Pinckney participants, and plans to do it again next year; Pinckney’s Art in the Park included a group library booth with ‘Geek the Library’ theme; DSLRT May meeting featured Sen. Hune, Reps. Denby and Rogers with State library funding as the topic of discussion; Summer Reading Program has 291 participants to date and most programs are filled.
- The legislative update was distributed. The 2012/2013 State budget allocates a total of $12,762,000 toward library-related funding (state aid to libraries, renaissance zone reimbursements, and MeL).
- Two page positions have been posted at $8.00/hour. Applications will be accepted to July 14.
- J. Wichert sent a thank you note appreciating the June 7 Queen’s Jubilee Tea Party.
- PNC bank accounts were handled as directed. The 13 month CD is set at .45% instead of .40%.
- Township Parks and Rec. Master Plan was discussed. Board reviewed the areas pertaining to the library and approved the changes made by Hentz, noting the one change that had not yet been made regarding the survey results. Hentz was assured by Township officials that the change would be made before the final draft was set.
Relevant Board Issues:
- Information on Hamburg Twp. Police Dept’s Tip411 service was distributed to the members.
- Information on the Livingston County Candidate Forum set for July 10 was distributed to the members.
- Discussion on the November election.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:44pm.
Next meeting will be July 17, 2012 at 7:00pm.