Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 21, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Richelle Hocking. Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Michaelene Farrell.
Guests: Suzanne and Chad Hines, Hamburg Historical Museum.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the May 17, 2011 minutes as written was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None spoke.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for May 2011 as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 495 as corrected in the amount of $52,783.28 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Hentz will invite the new police chief, Richard Duffany, to the August meeting.
2) Hentz reported the parking lot did not require extensive repairs reducing the resealing to $740.
1) Because of the financial strain, the Township needs to remove the former library building from their financial books. There are two possibilities: sell/auction the building or donate it to the Hamburg Historical Society. Because of the financial agreement the library has with the Township (the library is to receive the first $200,000 in the sale of the building), the library is charged with making the decision. Suzanne Hines, president of Hamburg Historical Society, discussed the possibility of the library donating the former library building to the Historical Society. The board asked Hines for financial information to show the Historical Society can run the building on its own. No action was taken.
2) Hentz reported all items have been received from the BTOP Grant. Funds permitted the purchase of a scanner for public use. Also, the remaining funds may allow for the purchase of a public copy machine.
3) A motion to amend the Fiscal Year Budget for July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011. The additional amount of $6,152.56 to recognize unspent funds remaining to the Non-Cash Capital Outlay donation from BTOP Grant for new public computers, software and equipment was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) A motion to purchase two outdoor benches plus one trash container for $1695.00 plus shipping was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to renew the Michigan Library Association membership for $709 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) A motion to pay up to $2900 for employee benefits for the month of June was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:20pm.
Next meeting will be July 19, 2011 at 7:00pm.