Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 15, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the May 18, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to approve the Financial Report for May 2010 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 483 in the amount of $41,813.55 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Summer Reading program has over 230 participants. Five programs are filled. 400 books were checked out that evening. Positive feedback received from patrons.
2) Police liaison Bullock has resigned and moving to Austin, TX. Replacement will be announced in future.
3) Hamburg Library has been designated as a tutoring site of the Livingston County Literacy Coalition. Adults with literacy needs will contact adult services librarian to arrange assistance.
4) Resource displays for job searching and small businesses in bookcase near entrance.
5) Hentz summarized the fund raising efforts to benefit the library.
6) Hentz distributed a summary of the 2010 MLA Directorís Summit report.
1) A motion to approve the 2010/2011 Budget amendment regarding the tax collection base for winter 2010 to be changed from $413,410.87 to $397,949.89 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) Due to rodent damage, an HVAC condenser will be repaired. Clerk will file an insurance claim for payment.
3) A motion to approve computer software upgrade to Office 2007 for $2060.66 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:06pm.
Next meeting will be July 20, 2010 at 7:00pm.