Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 17, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda with the addition under Correspondence and Relevant Board Issues was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the May 20, 2008 minutes as presented was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to table the Financial Report for May 2008 was made Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried. Weber reported that we opened a Business Interest Public Fund account. This permits unlimited withdrawals and deposits. Weber also informed the trustees that their policy manual will be updated including a new index.
4) A motion to accept as presented Library Voucher 459 for $46,187.40 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
1) New furniture has been installed.
2) Legacy Fund brochure has been printed and ready to distribute.
3) Summer Reading kick-off party was well attended. 107 individuals signed up at the party. Another 62 signed up this week.
4) Hentz reported the library provided a “cooling off” tent that provided water bottles, “Bouncy House, clowns doing face painting and balloon animals and the Gratitude Steel Band. Hentz will speak to the Family Fun Fest’s lack of recognition for the library’s contribution to this community effort.
5) Kim Roberts will be presented her 10 year certificate. Board members collected funds for flowers.
1) Library received an invitation from Ann Arbor District Library to the opening of the Traverwood Branch on June 28, 2008. Cavallaro will attend to represent the library.
2) Hentz distributed copies of the summary notes from the library trustees and directors networking dinner on 4/30/08.
1) Self Reliant Energy Company and Oak Electric Service, Inc. sent their proposals for renewable energy systems. Board discussed the proposals. A motion to have Phelps study the proposals and report on their pros and cons at the July meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Window seat will be repaired by replacing the foam insert.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Campbell reported her job shadowing experience was very informative. She noted the staff was always pleasant and helpful.
2) The Board discussed the upcoming millage campaign. Hentz will schedule meetings in July with local service organizations, e.g. Kiwanis, Lions, VFW, Camber of Commerce, local home-owner associations. Distribution of informational fliers will begin after July 15th. The media will be contacted.
Call to the Public
1) Weber noted that two dozen plants were donated to the library by members of the Beautification Committee. Northland Sod donated 1 yard of mulch in the Serenity Garden.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:56 pm.
Next meeting will be July 15, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski