Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 19, 2007
Meeting called to order at 7:04pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps .
Absent: James Gleason.
Guests: Margaret Dunleavy, Livingston County Clerk and Joan Runyan, Livingston County Election Coordinator.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as printed from the May 15, 2007 meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report ending May 31, 2007 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept, as corrected, voucher #447 for $51,342.65 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Dunleavy and Runyan discussed library millage proposal timing, library board terms/re-election, and election costs. Both emphasized the importance of obtaining legal advice. Ballot wording for the August 5, 2008 primary is due May 27, 2008. Ballot wording for the November 4, 2008 election is due August 26, 2008. Board members must file by May 13, 2008 at 4 pm at the Township Hall with 40 – 100 signatures of registered voters.
1) Hentz distributed an update on State Aid. Library will receive all of its funds this year. State Aid for next year may be cut by 50%.
2) The Livingston County Genealogical Society will display the “Ancestor’s Clothesline” project in the lounge area sometime this summer. Date to be determined.
3) Attendance at the Summer Reading Program kick-off was less then previous years. However, patrons in attendance enjoyed the less crowded atmosphere. Thanks to Sandy, Stella and Barbaradell for their assistance.
4) Hamburg Family Fun Fest did not provide publicity for the Volunteer Fair/Children’s Activity Tent; therefore poor attendance.
1) The Board directed Hentz and Weber to develop a draft of the Library Legacy Program to be presented at the August meeting.
1) A motion was made to amend the 2006-2007 budget to account for the donation of the Dennis Morgan Serenity Garden. Complete motion is attached.
4) A motion to offer coffee to patrons on Saturdays for the next six months was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Donations will be accepted. If, after the six month period, the donations collected do not pay for the supplies, the service will end. Heavy paper cups with lids will be provided along with cream and sugar. Patrons will be allowed to bring their own cup/mug providing there is a lid.
5) A motion to rollover the CD maturing on June 24, 2007 for the highest possible interest rate offered was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Several members cannot make the July meeting. A motion was made to cancel the July meeting, leaving two board members to sign the Library Voucher and defer all other business to the August meeting. Complete motion is attached.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
Next meeting will be August 21, 2007 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski