Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 21, 2005
Meeting called to order at 7:19 pm. in the library meeting room by Phelps.
Members present: Cavallaro, Eibler, Kelley and Phelps.
Absent: Campbell and Gleason
Also present: Hentz and Weber.
A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for May 17, 2005 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the financial statement as presented for the period ending, May 31, 2005 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried. (Weber said the 12 month CD interest rate was locked in at 3.56%)
A motion to pay voucher #423 as presented in the amount of $56,118.19 as of June 21, 2005 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the asphalt resealing/fire lane painting has been completed by Alanís Asphalt.
2) SRP kick-off party well attended. At least 250 ice cream sundaes were eaten. A third presentation of Science Alive has been scheduled for 2:30pm. The balloon clown was exceptionally good.
3) Hentz distributed the new magazine collection list. Magazine titles have increased to 88; and newspapers have increased to 10. She pointed out that 10 of the magazines are funded by Keehn Funeral Home from Brighton.
4) New flags have been installed.
5) Hentz met with Mike Couchman and Sean LaRosa from Lakeland Elementary. LaRosa would like to have her staff meeting in the library. Field trips to the library will be planned. Plans are to speak with each school prinicipal.
6) Volunteer Fair was well attended by the community. Library will host it again next year.
1) Letters of appreciation were received from Volunteer Fair participants.
1) Phelps and Cavallaro were impressed with the organization of the Trustee Workshop. Attendance was beneficial.
1) The Internet Policy has been updated to reflect current practices. Patron sign-in occurs on the computer.
2) A motion to pay $3,256.47 for Piazza Display System, the invoice date: April 29, 2005, was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
3) A motion to pay $545.55 to Piazza Display System for fittings if the panels are effective was made by Cavallaro. Seoconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
The Board directed Hentz to research the legality of financial assistance for a student obtaining his/her Master in Library Science degree.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at7:58pm.
Next meeting will be July 26, 2005 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski