Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 20, 2021 @7:00pm
The meeting was called to order by M. Farrell at 7:00pm.
Present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Also present: H. Hentz, C. Weber.
- Motion to approve agenda as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from June 16, 2021 as presented made by Colone; seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- Motion to table the Financial Report for June 2021 made by Rosek; seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Motion to approved the revised 2021/2022 budget with expenses not to exceed $895,332.67 as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 616 in the amount of $65,972.06 made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 2,154 patrons served; 46 new patrons; 5,426 in-house item check-outs; 67 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: 809 Axis360 check-outs; 148 PressReader check-outs; 81 Ancestry uses; 0 tutor.com uses; 0 Infobase uses; 0 Career Guidance; 34 Niche Academy uses.
- Other news: United Way’s Day of Caring (Aug. 11) will have people out to weed our gardens. Received $200 in memorial donations for Jim Gleason. Saturday knitting club is going to donate $$ in memory of Genie Bowman, use to purchase new craft books.
- Upcoming programs:
- 7/19 SRP: Craft Pick-Up: Beaded Animal Craft, ages 6+
- 7/20-21 SRP: Stuffed Animal Sleepover, all ages
- 7/22 Story time in the garden @ 10:00am
- 7/26 SRP: Craft Pick-up: Bird in a cage, ages 5 and under
- 7/28 SRP: Music with Beverly Meyer, all ages, 6:30pm
- 7/28 Serenity Garden Tour w/ Patt Cooke & Cathy Sayre @ 6:30pm
- 7/29 SRP: End Party, 10:00am to 6:00pm
- 8/4 Jackie’s Book Club: The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Dias @ 1:00pm
- Update: Reopening the library – Motion to relax the mask mandate was made by Evergreen; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
Hentz provided an update on fall programs with a focus on flexibility in case of covid mandates.
Hentz will ask quilting group to remove their belongings from the meeting room cupboards to make room for the Friend group. In an effort to treat the quilting group equally to all other community groups, they will be asked to apply for use of the meeting room.
- Update: TCF CD – Weber provided an update on the closing of the TCF CD and opening a new CD at State Bank with a higher interest rate.
- Millage Discussion – Hentz presented the updated Millage Information Sheet; board discussed. Hentz will determine the average amount of dollars a patron saves by using the library.
- Library Privacy Act Statement – Motion to accept as presented the Statement on Patron Privacy made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Work From Home Policy – Hentz will investigate and bring sample policies and a draft of a new library policy to the August meeting.
2) Recording Secretary Replacement – All members were asked to submit names of interested parties over the next several meetings. If necessary, it is possible a committee will be established to conduct interviews.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Rosek; seconded by Evergreen. The meeting adjourned at 8:05pm. Next Meeting: August 17, 2021 @ 7:00pm