Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 16, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:01pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: J. Colone.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from June 18, 2019 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Weber reviewed the unofficial June 2019 Financial Report. Official report will be presented in August. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 592 in the amount of $51,212.16 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 203 average daily visits; 57 new patrons; 7,612 item check-outs; 696 Axis360 check-outs; 172 Zinio check-outs; 324 Hoopla check-outs; and 199 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 149; Twitter at 399; Facebook at 884; 2,593 website uses; 2,794 wifi uses.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming programs:
- July 17 Craft Day, ages 6+, 2:00pm
- July 17 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 18 Preschool movie: Finding Nemo, toddlers, 10:00am
- July 18 Thursday Matinee: On the Basis of Sex, adults, 1:00pm
- July 22 Monday movie: Peter Rabbit, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 23 Preschool I Fly Craft, 5 and under, 6:30pm
- July 24 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 24 Acting Up Theatre Co: “Space for Rent”, all ages, 6:30pm
- July 25 Preschool I Fly Craft, 5 and under, 10:00am
- July 29 Ocean Animals, all ages, 2:00pm & 3:00pm
- July 29 Monday movie: Ralph Breaks the Internet, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 30 Preschool I See the World Craft, 5 and under, 6:30pm
- July 31 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- Aug. 1 Preschool I See the World Craft, 5 and under, 10:00am
- Aug. 1 Craft Day, ages 6+, 2:00pm
- Aug. 7 Library Book Club: The Wife, adults, 1:00pm
- Aug. 15 Thursday Matinee: King of Thieves, adults, 1:00pm
- Aug. 21 Library Book Club movie: The Wife, adults, 1:00pm
- SRP Update: 272 children registered for the program + almost 100 adults.
- Front Gardens Project: Diversified Outdoor Services has been hired to work on the three front garden beds for $2000.00. The work will begin in August. In addition, two newly certified Master Gardeners have volunteered to complete their 40 hour community service requirement by taking on the Serenity Garden.
- Motion by Eibler to roll over entire amount of $205,006.54 plus interest at Chase Bank into a 90 day CD at a rate of 1.6% or better. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed the year-end statistics. Discussion followed.
- Narcan Law: Governor Whitmer signed a hold-harmless law for library staff to administer Narcan to someone who has overdosed on heroin. The board directed Hentz to set up a training session with the Fire Department for all adult staff on how to and when to administer Narcan.
- Motion by Eibler to purchase four office chairs to replace the ones from 2001 from Library Design in the amount of $1980.00. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hentz distributed the Administration Policy cover sheet.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:36pm.
Next Meeting: August 20, 2019 @ 7:00pm