Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 17, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:02pm in the Group Study Room A.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from June 19, 2018 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes.
- Motion to table the Financial Report for June 2018 until the August meeting made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 580 in the amount of $91,447.74 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 163 average daily visits; 53 new patrons; 7,541item check-outs; 572 Axis360 check-outs; 71 Zinio check-outs; 307 Hoopla check-outs; and 303 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 113; Twitter at 361; Facebook at 717; 1,931 website uses; 3,063 wifi uses.
- Other news: The library has two new services for patrons, Book Club Kits for adult neighborhood book groups and Early Learning Kits for preschool aged children and their parents. Hentz was invited to help plan next year’s MLA annual conference.
- Upcoming programs:
- 7/19 SRP craft: Ankle Bells & Tap Shoes, Ages 5 and under, 10:00am
- 7/19 Thursday Matinee: The Post (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 7/23 SRP Monday Movie: Boss Baby (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 7/24 SRP craft: Tambourines & Rhythm, ages 5 and under, 10:00am
- 7/26 SRP: Crime Lab with the AA Hands On Museum, Ages 8-12, 2:00pm
- 7/26 Preschool Movie: Toy Story (G), ages 5 and under, 10:00am
- 7/30 SRP Monday Movie: Paddington 2 (PG), Free, 6:00pm
- 7/31 SRP: Magic with Jason Abbott, all ages, 2:00pm
- 8/1 Library Book Club: The Circle by Dave Eggers, Free, 1:00pm
- 8/16 Thursday Matinee: Phantom Thread (R), Free, 1:00pm
- Renovation Project: Part 1 is complete. Hentz gave a tour after the meeting. Part 2 will happen late August/early September. Library will close during last day of construction to give staff a chance to get organized.
- New Internet Service: Internet service has been changed from Pinckney Schools to The Library Network (Merit Network on AT&T lines). Discussion on CIPA laws. Library will purchase one additional subscription to Net Nanny to comply with laws.
- Motion by Colone to adopt Study Room Use Policy as discussed. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Policy will be printed and mounted in each study room.
- Motion to roll all funds from CD maturing on 7/25/2018 at CIBC Bank ($100,000 + interest earned) into 4 month CD at 2.00% or best rate on day of maturity made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed year-end statistics for discussion purposes.
Relevant Board Issues
- The annual Trustees & Directors meeting is being planned for October at the new Fowlerville District Library. Discussion on speaker topic ideas: How younger generations use the library/what they want from a library, future of libraries/where are libraries going, how libraries can assist special needs families/how libraries can partner with local schools. Hentz will share these ideas with the other libraries and report back.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:58pm.
Next Meeting: August 21, 2018 @ 7:00pm