Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 19, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in Group Study Room B.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from June 21, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to table the Financial Report for June 2016 until August when all year-end financial information is in was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #556 in the amount of $51,290.27 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Statistics: People count average: 202, with a yearly average of 202.5; new patrons: 60, with a yearly total of 706; item checkouts: 9,077, with a yearly total of 86,279; e-book checkouts: 265, with a yearly total of 2,581; zinio checkouts: 59, with a yearly total of 805; computer use: 385, with a yearly total of 4,595.
- Marketing update: Instagram: 82 followers, Twitter 232 followers, Facebook: 512 followers. Article in the Daily Press & Argus on one of our SRP pre-school programs with color photo (6/30/16). Sign at M36 & Merrill announcing our Birthday Picnic on 8/6 at 2:00pm.
- Other News: Library Birthday Picnic is set for Aug. 6 at 2:00pm.
- Upcoming Programs:
- 7/20 Creature Conservancy, 2:00pm, Ages 5+
- 7/21 Thursday Matinee: Brooklyn (PG13), 1:00pm, Free
- 7/25 Monday Movies: Alvin & the Chipmunks: Road Chip (PG), 6:00pm, Free
- 7/26 Craft Day, 2:00pm, ages 5+
- 7/27 Popsicle Stick Mania, 6:30pm, ages 5 and under
- 8/1 Monday Movies: Norm of the North (PG), 6:00pm, Free
- 8/3 Lil’ Field Day, 10:00am, ages 5 and under
- 8/3 Book Club: Empire Falls, Fiction, 1:00pm, Free
- 8/3 Field Day, 2:00pm, ages 6+
- 8/6 Library’s 50th Birthday Party, 2:00pm - All are invited!
- 8/8 Monday Movies: Zootopia (PG), 6:00pm, Free
- 8/17 Book Club movie showing: Empire Falls, 1:00pm, Free
- 8/10 Summer Reading Program Pizza Party (for all who finished!), 6:30pm,
- Updates: Township ADA Audit - Deby Henneman and Mark Trieglaff of Accessibility Consultation and Training Services (ACT) reviewed the library on Tuesday, July 12. We will receive a full report of what needs to be fixed/updated. Summer Reading Program has 207 registrants total. Meeting room projector system - The projector system has been ordered. We are waiting to hear back from the company when the parts come in and installation is to be scheduled.
Relevant Board Issues
- Table trustee video until new projector system is installed.
- Farrell suggests the board review the Board By-Laws to make sure they reflect current practices. To be discussed at August meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:24pm.
Next meeting will be August 16, 2016 @ 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski