Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 21, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, and Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
Call to order
Eibler called the meeting to order at 7pm. Weber introduced the guests from PNC Bank: Mr. Jonathan Pettway, Mr. John McCurdy and Ms. Judith Robinson
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from June 23, 2015 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- The PNC Bank representatives explained the possible cost for PNC credit card service. They explained the two options: full purchase of equipment for a cost of $1,249 or leasing the equipment for four years at a cost of $929.28 per year. Motion by Byerly to have Weber investigate the possibility of a two year lease and for Hentz to develop a credit card use policy. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to have two unpaid holidays, Saturday 12/26 and Saturday 1/2 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- The Livingston County Trustees and Directors meeting is set for Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 6pm at the Howell Library.
- A motion to move $81,025.77 into the Building Facilities Development/Major Repairs fund was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #544 in the amount of $69,574.98 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter indicates average of 217 patrons per day.
- June E-book circulation was 157 and Zinio stats was 38 issues.
- Number of new patrons in May was 113 and the number of item check-outs was 9,009.
- Homebound Connection update: 3 new patrons living in a group home.
- Butterfly garden planted by the Boland family. Located on west side of building.
Relevant Board Issues
- Betty Wilson’s memorial plaque has been placed between the two hydrangea trees planted in her memory.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:27pm.
Next meeting will be August 18, 2015 at 7:00pm.