Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 15, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler and Michaelene Farrell.
Absent: Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as amended (adding Relevant Board Issues, item 2) was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the June 17, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for June 2014 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #532 in the amount of $42,594.44 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed data on library visitors, patron count, and circulation statistics: Average daily visitors is at 198, patron count is 12,231 (up 9%), and circulation 140,073 (up 36%).
- Hentz attend the Brighton Chamber of Commerce program on Prop. 1.
- Summer Reading Program has 296 participants up from 277 in 2013.
Relevant Board Issues
- Millage Discussion (updates and progress)
- Updates: information meetings advertised on Facebook, millage info on library blog.
- Presentations: 7/8 PPHH C of C Candidate Forum (info handouts and presentation).
- 6/25 & 7/10 info meetings.
- Contacts made: WHMI has been given millage information.
- Discussion on staff compensation for 2015. Weber will draft options for discussion at August meeting. Hentz will develop staff & board in-service day.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Next meeting will be August 19, 2014 at 7:00pm.