Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 17, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the June 19, 2012 minutes was made by Hockingl. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- None present.
- A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for June 2012, closing the fiscal year, was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. Board recognized with appreciation the excellent and diligent work that Christine Weber does with finances for the library.
- A motion to accept the Library Voucher #508 in the amount of $44,928.89 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Air conditioners required extra maintenance due to power surges along with extreme heat.
- New servers have been installed. There is a delay in transferring the server software from MSU (because of the BTOP grant) to the library.
- Library received 47 applications for two page positions. Start date is second week in August.
- The e-books are available. Nook is not compatible with system. Staff will assist patrons as requested.
- Library was involved in two Candidate Forums, one at Cleary College and one at Township offices.
Hentz circulated the latest draft of the Township Parks and Rec Master Plan for Board perusal.
Relevant Board Issues:
- Hocking suggested the library look into offering a ‘recipe exchange’ for patrons.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next meeting will be August 21, 2012 at 7:00pm.