Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 20, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the quiet study room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the June 15, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) Weber distributed a preliminary June 30, 2010 Financial Information sheet. The August meeting will have the June year-end financial statement and the July financial report.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 484 in the amount of $49,532.91 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported two library pages; Niki Dethloff and Tyler Harp will begin work on July 21. They each will work less than 16 hours/week at $8.00 per hour.
2) Marian Mathes will retire August 1. Her last day of work is July 28, 2010. This position has been posted, and a large number of applications have been received. Hentz anticipates interviews to take place end of the month or beginning of next month.
1) Windows XP Office 2007 has been installed. No problems occurred.
2) Township will file insurance claim on the furnace repair. Damage was done by a squirrel.
3) Weber reported that Gary Burg has been hired to maintain the library gardens at $125/month. Next meeting of the Beautification Committee will be on Sep. 9 at 10am. Bake sale will be held Nov. 6. Reminder no nuts in the baked goods. The profit will be applied to garden maintenance.
1) A motion to eliminate the phrase “religious services or” from the Meeting Room Policy was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to add the phrase buildings and grounds in Patron Behavior Policy III, C was made by Hocking. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to approve the purchase of a shelving unit for the furnace room from Library Design as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4) Weber will be working with the auditor on August 12 & 13. The tentative audit review will take place in October.
Relevant Board Issues
1) The County Strategic Plan visioning workshop will be at the library on August 17, 5-8pm. Hentz will attend and report to the board.
2) A motion to change the August meeting from the 17th to the 24th was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) McIntyre inquired if there was an evacuation plan for emergencies. Hentz will check with township to see what their guidelines are and report at the August meeting.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.
Next meeting will be August 24, 2010 at 7:00pm.