Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 21, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Holly Hentz
Also present: Kim Roberts and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda with the additon under New Business 3. Beautification Committee Updates was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the June 16, 2009 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
3) A motion to table the Financial Report for June, 2009 until the August meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept Library Voucher 472 in the amount of $42,625.37 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Roberts reported that there is a 95% attendance for the summer reading program. Movie nights well attended. Candy making class most popular.
2) Connie Carello will begin stained glass window in August.
3) DNR Park & Ride has been utilized by the public. Only 4 passes per week are available.
1) Email from Barbara Goff questioning the presence of peanuts at the children ice cream summer reading program kick-off party. A motion not to serve peanuts at all childrenís events was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
1) New health care plan has not begun yet. Old policy is still in effect.
2) Lawyers have filed a motion to dismiss the Fortson lawsuit. Court date is August 20. Hentz and Eibler will be present.
1) Hentz and Weber will be working on a draft concerning the libraryís investment policy for review at the October Board meeting.. Library reserves the right to see where the township invests their (library) funds.
2) A staff member from Mike Rogersí office will be at library on third Tuesday of month
3) Weber distributed an update information sheet regarding the Beautification Committee plans.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:58pm.
Next meeting will be August 18, 2009 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski