Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 15, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:32 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Stella Campbell and James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as printed was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the June minutes as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report for May 2008 was made Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried. A CD expires in August. Weber will seek new rates at time of renewal.
4) A motion to table the financial report for June 2008 until the August meeting was made by Phelps. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept Library Voucher #460 for $46,529.84 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1) Hentz has made millage presentations to the Pinckney Lions Club, Hamburg Kiwanis, and Parks and Recreation Board. She will attend the Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum on July 17th at 6 pm. Millage presentations well received.
2) Weber reported the Garden Committee has about 8 members including 3 Master Gardeners. Flowers have been donated to continue the beautification project. The committee will apply for a $500 grant to purchase native plantings.
3) Summer Reading continues to have new registrants. Final count not available yet.
4) MelCat is not active yet due to lack of staffing and funds available.
5) Hartland Library hosted a reception for their new director, Ceci Marlow Stuart.
1) Phelps reviewed the pros and cons of solar & wind power. His recommendation is to not pursue this system at this time. It is hoped that within the next few years, legislation, subsidies, and technology will bring the system more into our reach.
2) Trustees suggested various organizations/business where millage information sheets could be made available to the public. Trustees endorsed the Millage Question & Answer flyer. Hentz will contact the Daily Press & Argus for a possible article.
1) Connie Carello, local stained glass artist, plans to donate a stained glass work to the library.
2) A motion to purchase two oak benches from Library Design was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
3) A motion to host an appreciation party for all library volunteers not to exceed $450.00 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Cavallaro attended the Ann Arbor District Library's Traverwood branch opening.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm.
Next meeting will be August 19, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski