Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
July 18, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley.
Absent: Stella Campbell and Keith Phelps
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as amended with the addition under Relevant Board Issues: Police Chief Reception was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the June 20, 2006 minutes as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Voucher #436 for $35,394.81 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Financial report was tabled until the August meeting.
1) Summer Reading Program has 228 participants. 101 children have participated in the special programs so far.
2) Fire Marshal inspected the library on July 12, 2006. Two minor violations were corrected on site.
3) Two pages resigned. Positions are posted and applications are being accepted.
4) Fall newsletter in final stages of preparation.
5) Internet connection was interrupted due to Pinckney Schools upgrade.
1) A motion to approve the Strategic Plan for 2006-2010 as amended was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
2) Music Room CD racks have not been delivered yet.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Reception for new police chief, Steven Luciano, will be July 20st from 4-7pm in library meeting room. All are encouraged to attend.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Next meeting will be August 15, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski