Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
January 19, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from December 15, 2020 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Rosek to accept the December 2020 Financial Report. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 610 in the amount of $60,511.81. Seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 0 in-house visits; 17 new patrons; 3,112 item check-outs; 761 Axis360 check-outs; 32 Zinio check-outs; 128 audiobook check-outs; and 0 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 188; Twitter at 413; Facebook at 1,186; 2,237 website uses; 582 wifi uses.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming programs:
- 2/1 Stay Home & Read Fundraiser – Month of February
- 2/1 Adult Craft Kit: Valentine Wreath ($5.00)
- 2/3 Jackie’s Book Club: Radium Girls by Kate Moore @ 1:00pm
- 2/4 Winter/Spring Story Hour begins! Supply pick up begins @ 10:00am
- 2/4 Travelogues with Lynn: Bavaria, Germany @ 6:30pm
- 2/6 Story Time with Deb Diesen, author of Pout Pout Fish @ 10:30am
- 2/8 No-Sew Sock Snowman kit, ages 6+
- 2/8 Valentine Craft kit, ages 5 and under
- 2/8 Conversation with cartoonist Dave Coverly @ 6:30pm
- 2/8 Great Decisions @ 2:00pm
- 2/10 DIA: The Essentials @ 6:30pm
- 2/15 Adult Craft Kit: Dahlia Page Wall Hanging
- 2/15 Cool Cars: Unique Automobiles of the Detroit Historical Museum @
- Hamburg Historical Museum Update: Hentz met with museum director Patricia Majher to discuss the possibility of the museum and the library joining financial resources after the Township cuts the Museum out of the budget. Motion by Rosek to have Hentz write a letter to the Museum to decline any financial involvement. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Reopening Update: Motion by Walter to move the library to Phase 3 (Limited Services) beginning February 1, 2021. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Friends of the Library Update: Board directed Hentz to write a policy recognizing the Friends of the Library group with a statement of support and outlining any involvement with the group. Hentz will also prompt the Friends board to seek assistance with filing for IRS non-profit status. Several library board members also offered assistance.
- Stay at Home and Read fundraiser. Through the month of February the library is encouraging people to stay home and read and donate the value of their reading materials to the library. Hentz demonstrated the fundraiser website to the board.
Relevant Board Issues
- Millage Law for Libraries, 2/17 @ 10:00am. All board members will be registered.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Walter. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:07 pm.
Next Meeting: February 16, 2021 @ 7:00pm