Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
January 21, 2020 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking,
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from December 17, 2019 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Colone to approve the December 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 598 in the amount of $60,635.93. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 176 average daily visits; 35 new patrons; 5,118 item check-outs; 541 Axis360 check-outs; 162 Zinio check-outs; 297 Hoopla check-outs; and 179 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 159; Twitter at 405; Facebook at 1,016; 2,336 website uses; 1,623 wifi uses.
- Other News: Toys for Tots: 4 barrels of toys. Although no actual count, it was the best year yet. Mitten Tree: 200 items (90 pairs gloves, 86 hats, 14 scarves, 8 sets, 2 pairs socks).
- Upcoming programs:
- Jan. 22 Drop-in Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Jan. 22 Loom Knitting: Hat, Free, 6:30pm
- Jan. 23 The Ford Mustangs that Never Were, Free, 6:30pm
- Jan. 25 Saturday Movie: State Fair (1945), Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 27 Maker Monday: Fabric Heart Wreath, $5, 6:30pm
- Jan. 29 Loom Knitting: Scarf, Free, 6:30pm
- Jan. 31 Friday Movie: Holiday (1938), Free, 1:00pm
- February Gleaners Food Bank Food Drive – drop off non-perishable items in the lobby
- Feb. 1 Italian Cooking Class, $10, 1:00pm
- Feb. 3 Cheese Pairing Class with Beers, $15, 6:30pm
- Feb. 4 Get to know your township: Amy Steffens, Free, 6:30pm
- Feb. 5 Book Club: Where’d You Go, Bernadette, Free, 1:00pm
- Feb. 5 Drop-in Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Feb. 5 Drop-in Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Feb. 6 Valentines for Veterans, Free, Noon
- Feb. 8 Saturday Movie: Ball of Fire (1941), Free, 1:00pm
- Feb. 10 Gardening with Native Wildflowers, Free, 6:30pm
- Feb. 10 Great Decisions, Free, 1:30pm
- Feb. 11 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, must make appointment
- Feb. 14 Friday Movie: The Great Lie (1941), Free, 1:00pm
- Friends of the Library – The Friends met and have formally approved their Mission Statement, Statement of Purpose, and Memorandum of Understanding with the Board. They also worked on the By-Laws and hope to have them complete by the next meeting which is Feb. 7.
- Hentz proposed the board wait until 2022 for the library millage. Motion by Katakowski to put in place the two-year plan as presented that would allow the Friends time to organize, develop a more transparent website, organize focus group/community meetings, and other activities. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- CD Maturing at State Bank: Motion made by Katakowski to move the entire amount of $254,748.42 plus interest earned from the State Bank CD to a Savings Account at the same institution with an interest rate of 1.9% for an indefinite amount of time. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Holiday closings: Feb. 17.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:37 pm.
Next Meeting: February 18, 2020 @ 7:00pm