Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
January 15, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present:J.Colone, P.Eibler, M.Evergreen, M Farrell, R.Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from December 18, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2018 made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 586 in the amount of $59,481.38 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 167 average daily visits; 32 new patrons; 4,975 item check-outs; 682 Axis360 check-outs; 138 Zinio check-outs; 307Hoopla check-outs; and 221 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 121; Twitter at 372; Facebook at 774; 2,050 website uses; 1,880 wifi uses.
- Other news: Food drive is through the month of February and benefits Gleaners Food Bank. Board Game lending has begun. The games are located in the YA and JUV area and go out for one week with $1/day overdue fine. L. Strandt will manage the collection.
- Upcoming programs:
- 1/16 Teen Night: Ant-Man & Wasp, Free, 5:30pm
- 1/17 Thursday Matinee: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 1/22 Detroit Architecture: Albert Kahn, Free, 6:30pm
- 1/28 Synthesizers in the Library, Free, 6:30pm
- 1/31 Lunch & Learn: Chocolate Creations, Free, noon
- 2/5 Valentine Craft (ages 5 and under), Free, 6:30pm
- 2/6 Library Book Club: Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes, Free, 1:00pm
- 2/7 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, make an appt. by calling the library
- 2/12 Michiganders on the Titanic, Free, 6:30pm
- Renovation Project: Part 2: all work has been completed on the original plan. Entryway carpet will be installed Friday, Jan. 18.
- CDs maturing: Motion to roll over current amount of $103,009.16 of the Chase Bank CD plus $100,000 from the Chase Savings for a total of $203,009.16 into a 90 day CD with the interest rate of 2.08% or better made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler Motion carried.
Motion to remove all funds from Crestmark Bank and open a 90 day CD at The State Bank for $250,000.00 at an interest rate of 2.50% or better and to move any remaining funds to the Chase Bank checking account made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Special Needs Storytime - Staff is looking into offering this service, with C. Bossio & C. Wagner taking the lead.
- The library’s email through TLN has experienced a host of problems over the holidays. Providers are being changed and the cost will go up from $25/year to $46/year.
Relevant Board Issues
- Library brochure showing updated circulation policy (15 item checkout limit) is complete.
- Discussion regarding Fowlerville Library’s adult overnight program.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Next Meeting: February 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm