Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
January 17, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, and Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from December 2016 meeting as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- Financial Report for December 2016 was tabled until February meeting.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #562 in the amount of $62,299.75 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: Daily people counter is at 158; new patrons are at 23; item check-outs at 5,240; Axis360 at 334; Zinio at 91; and computer use is at 296.
- Monthly marketing update: Instagram is at 91, Twitter is at 273, and Facebook is at 545.
- Other news: Kim Roberts completed her Master of Library Science degree from Wayne State Univ. The library now employs four degreed librarians. Tax capture legislation passed.
- Upcoming Programs:
- 1/23 Maker Monday: Flower Power Pins, Free, 6:30pm
- 1/26 How Michigan Became a State, Free, 6:30pm
- 1/28 Crafting for teens, Free, 1:00 pm
- 2/1 Library Book Club, Life After Life, Free, 1:00pm
- 2/2 Lunch & Learn: Valentines for Veterans, Free, Noon
- 2/7 Identity Theft, Free, 6:30pm
- 2/13 Tai Chi (2/13, 3/6, 4/10, 5/8) Free, 6:30pm
- 2/14 Valentine Crafts, Free, 6:30
- 2/16 Thursday Matinee: Florence Foster Jenkins (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- Hentz distributed a list of proposed questions for the community needs assessment survey for board member discussion. The survey will be both printed and online.
- Replacement of hanging lights in skylight area has been completed. Application for the DTE rebate has begun.
- No update on the repair of the meeting room folding door issue.
- Board made corrections in the Administration Policies Book. Hentz recorded same. Pages 35-37 to be reviewed for February meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, Board viewed the Advocacy video.
- The board will introduce themselves to the Township Board at the Feb. 7 meeting at the Township Hall at 2:30pm.
- Library will be a drop-off site for the PTO Shoe Drive Fundraiser.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:58 pm.
Next meeting will be February 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm.